Bradley; Programming in visible easy 2010 the writer workforce of Julia Bradley and Anita Millspaugh stay the guiding mild for numerous scholars worldwide in Programming with visible easy 2010. How larger to grasp the most well-liked object-oriented programming language than to take advantage of the bestselling textbook? Be on the innovative of expertise with examples, suggestions questions, and a whole fingers On Programming instance. follow the thoughts your self with Case reviews and workouts. monitor captures, step by step routines, and thorough appendices make sure that Programming Excellence starts the following.
If you have ever spent hours renaming records or updating hundreds and hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you understand how tedious initiatives like those might be. yet what in case you may have your laptop do them for you?
In Automate the dull Stuff with Python, you will how to use Python to put in writing courses that do in mins what could take you hours to do via hand—no earlier programming event required. as soon as you have got mastered the fundamentals of programming, you are going to create Python courses that easily practice precious and ambitious feats of automation to:
- Search for textual content in a dossier or throughout a number of files
- Create, replace, circulation, and rename documents and folders
- Search the internet and obtain on-line content
- Update and layout info in Excel spreadsheets of any size
- Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
- Send reminder emails and textual content notifications
- Fill out on-line forms
Step-by-step directions stroll you thru every one application, and perform initiatives on the finish of every bankruptcy problem you to enhance these courses and use your newfound abilities to automate related tasks.
Don't spend some time doing paintings a well-trained monkey may perhaps do. whether you've gotten by no means written a line of code, you may make your laptop do the grunt paintings. learn the way in Automate the uninteresting Stuff with Python.
By Rodger Lea
You’ll research step by step, via practical examples, development your abilities as you progress from basic to complicated suggestions for construction visually beautiful web content and 3D purposes with WebGL. Media, 3D pix, and WebGL pioneers Dr. Kouichi Matsuda and Dr. Rodger Lea supply easy-to-understand tutorials on key facets of WebGL, plus a hundred downloadable pattern courses, each one demonstrating a selected WebGL subject.
You’ll circulate from uncomplicated ideas resembling rendering, animating, and texturing triangles, the entire technique to complex ideas similar to fogging, shadowing, shader switching, and exhibiting 3D versions generated through Blender or different authoring instruments. This publication won’t simply train you WebGL top practices, it's going to offer you a library of code to jumpstart your individual projects.
• WebGL’s beginning, center thoughts, good points, benefits, and integration with different net standards
This is the most recent textual content within the OpenGL Technical Library, Addison-Wesley’s definitive selection of programming publications an reference manuals for OpenGL and its similar applied sciences. The Library allows programmers to achieve a realistic knowing of OpenGL and the opposite Khronos application-programming libraries together with OpenGL ES and OpenCL. the entire applied sciences within the OpenGL Technical Library evolve below the auspices of the Khronos team, the consortium guiding the evolution of recent, open-standards media APIs.
By Stephen G. Kochan
Updated for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, iOS 7, and Xcode 5
Programming in Objective-C is a concise, rigorously written educational at the fundamentals of Objective-C and object-oriented programming for Apple's iOS and OS X structures.
The ebook makes no assumptions approximately previous event with object-oriented programming languages or with the c programming language (which Objective-C is predicated upon). due to this, either newcomers and skilled programmers alike can use this booklet to fast and successfully examine the basics of Objective-C. Readers may also study the techniques of object-oriented programming with no need to first study all the intricacies of the underlying c language.
This special approach to studying, mixed with many small software examples and workouts on the finish of every bankruptcy, makes Programming in Objective-C very best for both school room use or self-study.
This version has been absolutely up-to-date to include new Objective-C gains and applied sciences brought with Xcode five, iOS 7, and Mac OS X Mavericks.
“The most sensible booklet on any programming language that I’ve ever learn. with a purpose to research Objective-C, purchase it.”—Calvin Wolcott
“An very good source for a brand new programmer who desires to research Objective-C as their first programming language—a woefully underserved market.”—Pat Hughes
By Nishant Shukla
Explore intuitive info research innovations and strong desktop studying tools utilizing over one hundred thirty useful recipes
About This Book
- A functional and concise consultant to utilizing Haskell while attending to grips with information analysis
- Recipes for each degree of information research, from assortment to visualization
- In-depth examples demonstrating numerous instruments, suggestions and techniques
Who This booklet Is For
This publication indicates sensible builders and analysts find out how to leverage their latest wisdom of Haskell particularly for top of the range info research. a very good realizing of information units and practical programming is assumed.
What you are going to Learn
- Obtain and study uncooked information from a number of resources together with textual content records, CSV documents, databases, and websites
- Implement functional tree and graph algorithms on numerous datasets
- Apply statistical tools akin to relocating typical and linear regression to appreciate patterns
- Fiddle with parallel and concurrent code to hurry up and simplify time-consuming algorithms
- Find clusters in info utilizing probably the most well known desktop studying algorithms
- Manage effects by way of visualizing or exporting data
This publication will take you on a voyage via the entire steps interested by info research. It offers synergy among Haskell and information modeling, together with conscientiously selected examples that includes the most well known computer studying techniques.
You will commence with tips to receive and fresh information from a number of resources. you'll then the way to use a variety of info constructions resembling bushes and graphs. the beef of information research happens within the subject matters related to statistical concepts, parallelism, concurrency, and desktop studying algorithms, in addition to quite a few examples of visualizing and exporting effects. via the top of the booklet, you'll be empowered with options to maximise your power whilst utilizing Haskell for information analysis.
Be extra efficient with the Oracle PL/SQL language. The 5th variation of this renowned pocket reference places the syntax of particular PL/SQL language parts correct at your fingertips, together with positive aspects additional in Oracle Database 12c.
Whether you’re a developer or database administrator, in the event you desire solutions speedy, the Oracle PL/SQL Language Pocket Reference will prevent hours of frustration with concise summaries of:
- Fundamental language components, comparable to block constitution, datatypes, and declarations
- Statements for application regulate, cursor administration, and exception handling
- Records, strategies, capabilities, triggers, and packages
- Execution of PL/SQL features in SQL
- Compilation ideas, object-oriented beneficial properties, collections, and Java integration
This convenient pocket reference is an ideal better half to Steven Feuerstein and invoice Pribyl’s bestselling Oracle PL/SQL Programming.
Much of the leading edge programming that powers the web, creates working platforms, and produces software program is the results of "open resource" code, that's, code that's freely distributed--as against being stored secret--by those that write it. Leaving resource code open has generated essentially the most refined advancements in laptop expertise, together with, so much significantly, Linux and Apache, which pose an important problem to Microsoft on the market. As Steven Weber discusses, open source's luck in a hugely aggressive has subverted many assumptions approximately how companies are run, and the way highbrow items are created and protected.
Traditionally, highbrow estate legislation has allowed businesses to manage wisdom and has guarded the rights of the innovator, on the cost of industry-wide cooperation. In flip, engineers of recent software program code are richly rewarded; yet, as Weber indicates, despite the traditional knowledge that innovation is pushed by way of the promise of person and company wealth, making sure the unfastened distribution of code between desktop programmers can empower a better method for development highbrow items. in terms of Open resource, self sufficient programmers--sometimes enormous quantities or hundreds of thousands of them--make unpaid contributions to software program that develops organically, via trial and error.
Weber argues that the good fortune of open resource isn't a freakish exception to monetary rules. The open resource neighborhood is guided by means of criteria, ideas, decisionmaking techniques, and sanctioning mechanisms. Weber explains the political and monetary dynamics of this mysterious yet vital marketplace development.
This e-book offers a pragmatic consultant to making plans and development a certified Flex 2 software from begin to end. Written via a group of specialist builders, the ebook information, step by step, how the authors equipped the preferred wealthy Media X (RMX) program for Adobe person teams, step-by-step. assurance offers all of the details had to enforce a number of killer internet 2.0 good points in Flex, together with a weblog, wiki, occasions calendar, and extra. it really is jam-packed with crucial sensible strategies in use at a certified creation surroundings, that you would be able to examine from and use on your personal Flex applications.
By Peter Seibel
Peter Seibel interviews 15 of the main fascinating laptop programmers alive this present day in Coders at Work, delivering a better half quantity to Apress’s hugely acclaimed best-seller Founders at Work through Jessica Livingston. because the phrases “at paintings” recommend, Peter Seibel makes a speciality of how his interviewees take on the day by day paintings of programming, whereas revealing even more, like how they turned nice programmers, how they realize programming expertise in others, and what varieties of difficulties they locate so much interesting.
Hundreds of individuals have steered names of programmers to interview at the Coders at Work website: www.codersatwork.com. the entire checklist used to be 284 names. Having digested everyone’s suggestions, we chosen 15 fogeys who’ve been type sufficient to conform to be interviewed:
- Frances Allen: Pioneer in optimizing compilers, first girl to win the Turing Award (2006) and primary woman IBM fellow
- Joe Armstrong: Inventor of Erlang
- Joshua Bloch: writer of the Java collections framework, now at Google
- Bernie Cosell: one of many major software program men in the back of the unique ARPANET IMPs and a grasp debugger
- L. Peter Deutsch: writer of Ghostscript, implementer of Smalltalk-80 at Xerox PARC and Lisp 1.5 on PDP-1
- Brad Fitzpatrick: author of LiveJournal, OpenID, memcached, and Perlbal
- Dan Ingalls: Smalltalk implementor and clothier
- Simon Peyton Jones: Coinventor of Haskell and lead dressmaker of Glasgow Haskell Compiler
- Donald Knuth: writer of The artwork of desktop Programming and author of TeX
- Peter Norvig: Director of analysis at Google and writer of the normal textual content on AI
- Guy Steele: Coinventor of Scheme and a part of the typical Lisp Gang of 5, at present engaged on fort
- Ken Thompson: Inventor of UNIX
- Jamie Zawinski: writer of XEmacs and early Netscape/Mozilla hacker